Pages

Visit my original blog, too http://timeforbritain.wordpress.com/

Saturday 11 August 2012

IELTS

I am so happy, as I have just received results of the IELTS exam, which I took in Edinburgh Basil Paterson College 2 weeks ago.
I am officially a good user of English according to the Academic International Language Testing System. It means that I can study in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom and United States of America and many other countries where lectures are conducted in English:) :D:D
In addition, the score (7.0), which I managed to achieve, is accepted by the world's best universities such as Cambridge and Oxford:)
I have already thanked everybody who helped me to go through all stages of the UCAS application, answered thousands of my questions:) and supported me for the last year!:)

My advice for those who intend to take this exam? Preparation is the key to success:) U mustn't learn a day before your exam! Take as many practise test as possible, as you must be acquainted with the form of the exam and types of questions etc. Don't panic!

What can help you and what helped me?

Learn by heart expressions that you can use in writing tasks, such as: upward/downward trend, rise, increase, it dipped, it decreased, in contrast, similarly

Learn the structure of writing task 2: you have to know what each paragraph must contain. For instance, you have to present examples in Body paragraph!

Reading is the most challenging part so practice at home with your watch and answer sheet as there is too little time:(

Listening is easy but you should take some practice tests as it is completely different from MATURA, FCE, CAE and CPE. Here you do not have to worry about time:)

My results:)

I wish U luck!

1 comment: