Pages

Visit my original blog, too http://timeforbritain.wordpress.com/

Monday 13 August 2012

Me and Great Britain

All my friends know that I am crazy about Geography, which has been my big love since I started education in primary school. When I was a kid, I used to think about my travelling to "big cities" and exploring unexplored places:) Therefore, I did not want to spend my whole life in Poland. It is not because I am not patriotic. Although I really like my homeland (which is as beautiful as Scotland), I think that I am not a part of it. Sometimes I can't believe that I managed to spend 19 years in this country:) It is all about my personality, ambitions, attitude to life and people... Great Britain is different from Poland, I am different. I am a complete dreamer, so it was hard for me to live among extremely serious people:(

I just wanted to be free, I wanted to sing from the top of my lungs, I wanted to dream, I wanted to squeeze my life like a lemon, I wanted to think independently, I wanted to be myself. And I couldn't, because I would have been considered to be a madman:(

Here I sing at work with my colleagues, I tell people about my dreams and nobody says "It is impossible". Once I told my mum that I would like to be a bird. She laughed... Now I feel that I have wings...

What I like about Britain? Diversity. My colleague cannot imagine that in my school we had literally no international students:( Here I can meet individuals from all parts of the globe. Here I work with people from India, Kazakhstan, Korea, Japan, Poland:), Philippines, Scotland, England, China, and this is amazing. Now I know that the world is not black and blue.... It is full of colours, diverse and this is wonderful... Now I know that here there is a place for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment