Pages

Visit my original blog, too http://timeforbritain.wordpress.com/

Saturday 31 December 2011

Summary of the year 2011

Big preparations for the New Year's Eve party have just started. I have little time, but I need to sum the outgoing year. First and foremost, it was the most significant year in my life, as I decided to apply for M$M course in the UK. During my winter vacation I thought: "Studying abroad must be a wonderful experience... It is such a pity that I don't attend bilingual high school and cannot take IB."

However, I decided to read some blogs about studying abroad (not only in the UK) and I found out that the Polish do not have to take IB to study abroad. To my surprise, process of application turned out to be completely different from the Polish one. In my humble opinions, polish universities are a complete disaster (sorry, it is my subjective opinion!). On the whole, professors treat their students like lifeless objects. They are not interested in their opinions, because the "do not have enough time" or they "have to follow university syllabus". Lord, what if I don't want to learn this module now and want to put it off? What if I want to deepen my knowledge in the module which is not a part of any syllabus? Have I any options? I may predict the answer: "I just teach here":(

Yes, Having come to that realisation, I decided to do my best to be accepted by a good British university. It was a brilliant year-I focused entirely on my interests. As a result, History is not my Matura subject. To be frank, I have never liked learning History. Obviously, I am not indifferent to our history, and I even love reading about people who changed the world. Thanks to my grandmother, I become curious about II World War. However, I hate the way this subject is taught at my school. It a nightmare-once I almost died of boredom! Everything must be learned by heart. I mean, no interesting examples and no curiosities. Aweful:(
Well, my baccalaureate subjects are: Geography, English, Civic Education, Maths (basic level), Polish (basic level). I am happy with my choice. At least, I do not have to learn things that are so tedious (to me) that I want to go to sleep:) Unfortunately, taking 3 subjects at advanced level equals lack of time. But, I decided to combine pleasant with the useful. I learn new vocabulary by reading extremely interesting English magazines and, of course, by writing my blog;p;p;p

Oh, I have almost forgot that I am already mature-officially. It was a year full of birthday parties-very hectic. As far as I am concerned, my birthday party was the best of all, but it is not objective, of course:)

I am convinced that 2011 completely changed my life. In many aspects. Obviously, decision about my studies was the most important one. I hope that the forthcoming year will be wonderful-I hope that all my wishes will come true.

To sum up, I do not regret anything, because "it is better to have tried and failed than never to have tried at all":)
I wish you very Happy New!

No comments:

Post a Comment